Slash pump energy use by up to 90%, saving hundreds per year
The first ENERGY STAR® Certified variable speed pumps
ENERGY STAR® Certified IntelliFlo and IntelliPro pumps from Pentair meet strict energy efficiency criteria set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. These pumps save money, reduce energy use and protect the environment.
Standard pool pumps can consume as much energy as all other home appliances combined—often costing more than $1,000 per year! IntelliFlo® and IntelliPro® Variable Speed pumps can typically cut energy use up to 90%, generally saving up to $1,500 in utility costs annually—more where rates are higher than average.*
Exclusive, advanced motor technology typically provides base savings of 30%
- IntelliFlo and IntelliPro pumps use an exclusive permanent magnet motor (used in hybrid cars) in place of a traditional induction motor. Permanent magnet motors are fundamentally more energy efficient and provide a typical “base energy savings” of 30%.
Onboard intelligence with variable drive can deliver additional savings up to 90%
- Variable speed capability, digital controls, and proprietary software that allow custom programming of optimum pump speeds for specific tasks—filtering, heating, cleaning, spa jets, waterfalls, etc. The result is additional energy savings...up to 90% compared to even so-called high efficiency, single-speed, two-speed and multi-speed pumps that cannot be adjusted.
- For virtually all applications, the optimum speed will be lower than the preset, unchangeable speeds of older pumps. Using slower speeds takes advantage of a fundamental pump law: slower is far more efficient. In fact, when pump speeds are reduced by half, energy consumption is just one-eighth of what was previously used.
The quietest pumps ever built
- The exclusive permanent magnet motor that is so critical for energy savings is also a totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) design. This combination, along with slower operating speeds, is responsible for IntelliPro and IntelliFlo pumps being the quietest pumps you can install. At typical speeds you can barely hear them operating.
Longer trouble-free service life than conventional pumps
- Advanced motor produces far less heat and vibration than traditional induction motors for dramatically longer equipment life. TEFC design protects against all threats posed by an outdoor environment.
- Features built-in diagnostics that detect and correct conditions that cause premature failure, thereby protecting against overheating, freezing and voltage irregularities. IntelliFlo VF also detects loss of prime.
New Model with Added Safety Features
IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pump is the first pump with an integrated Safety Vacuum Release System (SVRS), which provides an important layer of entrapment protection. Its built-in controller and proprietary software detect blockage of the drain and automatically turn the pump off within seconds.
IntelliFlo VS+SVRS meets ASME A188.8.131.522 standards, thereby complying with new Federal legislation related to public pools (Virginia Graeme Baker Pool Safety Act), as well as a growing number of state and local statures for residential pools where entrapment protection measures are required.
*Savings based on comparison pump running between 6 and 12 hours per day at the national average of $0.16/kWh in a 20,000 gallon pool. Savings may vary based on plumbing size and length, pump model, service factor, flow rates and other hydraulic factors.